Tuesday 22 November 2011

Upcoming Releases

It has been a while since I have posted anything, I blame it on the economy and the fact that I have been working far too much at a job that I am certainly sick of.

Anyway, lets get down to brass tax here. There are some excellent singles/b-side/bootleg vinyl releases about to be dropped from the legendary Goner Records (probably my favourite label going around these days).

The first is by Melbourne's garage rock kings Eddy Current Suppression Ring who's LP titled "So Many Things" contains 22-tracks unreleased tracks from their years of doing the rounds. I have yet to hear the entire album but going off the track "You Don't Care" I'm sure they will be at their rambunctious best (albiet of a even more lo-fi recording).

Eddy Current Suppression Ring - You Don't Care (from the new release "So Many Things") by GonerRecords

The next is Singles 2007-2010 by Ty Segall. It seems you aren't a true garage punker unless you have a singles collection sealed on vinyl (a la Jay Reatard) and Ty is well on his way to garage royalty. I'm most excited abut this release and judging on the track "Skin", it is going to be worth the wait.

Ty Segall - Skin - Singles 2007-2010 by GonerRecords
Both these tracks were taken from the Goner Records soundcloud. There's a heap of dope tracks from bands on the labels roster so be sure to check them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment